B&CE’s Charitable Trust

Only apply if you have worked in Construction - please read our eligibility carefully

We aim to provide:

  • Financial help for people in times of need, such as homelessness, (rent in advance, rent arrears or mortgage arrears) essential utility arrears (gas, electricity, water, oil and council tax), funeral costs and support towards mobility aids for individuals with medical needs.  
  • Grants towards education, training and retraining
  • Grants towards occupational health and safety initiatives

Grants we support include:

  • Rent in advance or deposit
  • Rent/mortgage arrears
  • Essential household bills (gas, electricity, water and council tax arrears)
  • Funeral costs Entry level training construction courses only (we do not offer grants for NVQ or degree level courses)
  • Disability aids (e.g. mobility scooter, wheelchair, and stair lifts)

Grants we’re unable to support include:

  • Day-to-day living costs
  • White goods
  • Bankruptcy fee
  • Flooring
  • Debt relief orders
  • Individual voluntary arrangement
  • Loans, credit cards or overdrafts fees
  • Car finance, MOT or repairs
  • Carer fees
  • Holidays
  • Clothing
  • Non-essential house maintenance

Visit our Charitable Trust website for more about the grants and support we offer.

Last updated on 27 July 2022

Who is eligible?

If you can prove that you’ve worked in construction, as a ‘tradesperson’, for at least 12 months (at any time within your employment history), you could be eligible.

A ‘tradesperson’ is someone who is or has been manually involved in the build of a project. For example:

  • A grounds person working as a civil engineer on a project
  • A labourer working on a site
  • A plant driver working on site as part of a construction build project
  • A painter and decorator
  • A scaffolder

Other examples of tradesperson jobs are listed in the Construction Industry Joint Council agreement.

Our education and training grants in construction

To apply for our education and training grants in construction, you must have been unemployed for at least 3 months and can prove this before we can consider your application. We provide grants for entry level qualifications to help individuals get back into work (eg CSCS card).

Find out more about how we support with education and training in construction.  

How to apply?

Only apply if you have worked in Construction!

We’ll need you to send us:

  • a completed Charitable Trust application form
  • proof that you work or have worked within construction for at least 12 months
  • a copy of your birth certificate, passport or driving licence
  • the last 3 months’ consecutive bank statements (plus your partner’s accounts, if applicable).

We will also ask for more information, depending on the grant you’re applying for.

How to apply

We treat all our applications on an individual basis, with compassion and confidentiality. You can apply by:

  • clicking the 'Enquire online' button below to enquire on the Turn2us website – please include an email address so we can contact you
  • emailing us at charitabletrust@bandce.co.uk.

We’re available from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday and will aim to respond to you within 5 working days.

Here for when you need us most

We’re here to support you through your times of need. So, whether you have money worries or need counselling, we can help.

You can get in touch with us by calling our Construction Worker Helpline on 0808 8010 372.

Contact details

FAO Charitable Trust, B&CE
Manor Royal
West Sussex
RH10 9QP
Email: charitabletrust@bandce.co.uk
Web: http://www.bandce.co.uk/the-charitable-trust

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.

Chat Now