The CSSBI provides a wide range of support for teachers or retired teachers and their families throughout England and Wales who are members of the Church of England or other Christian denominations who are in need.

Grants are usually given to help with:

  • General living expenses due to change of circumstances through illness, loss of employment or relationship breakdown,
  • Home repairs or adaptations
  • Career development or retraining including relocation cost
  • Travel or childcare cost
  • Utility bills Council Tax or rent arrears due to unavoidable circumstances.

Last updated on 10 January 2022

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for a grant if you:

  • A resident in England or Wales AND
  • A member of the Church of England or another recognised Christian denomination
  • A teacher or lecturer, both current and former, or their immediate family, suffering significant financial hardship
  • Able to provide details of 2 named referees to confirm your educational and Church connections


How to apply?

Download an application form from the charity's website and send the completed form by post or email. 

A friend or relative can help you complete your form, or ask for assistance from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Turn2us website. If your application is successful, Payment is usually made in the form of a BACs payment or cheque to a third party i.e. builder, supplier, landlord, utility company.

Contact details

3 Kings Court
Harwood Road
West Sussex
RH13 5UR
Email: info@cssbi.org.uk
Web: http://www.cssbi.org.uk/

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.

Chat Now