Equipment for Independent Living

Equipment for Independent Living helps people who have disabilities who are aged over 16 and living in the UK.  Grants are for equipment such as wheelchairs, adjustable beds and communication aids. 

Last updated on 17 June 2019

Who is eligible?

People over 16 who have a disability and live in the UK.

What we can't help with

  • anything that is available through statutory sources, e.g. the NHS
  • white goods
  • standard furniture

How to apply?

Please note that a health professional needs to support the application and confirm that the individual needs the equipment they have requested. Contact the charity for more information.

Applications are considered at quarterly meetings. 

Contact details

Mrs Janet Hillman, Honorary Secretary,
Equipment for Independent Living, 19 Flanchford Road,
W12 9ND