Hospitality Action

Crisis and essential needs grants for former and current workers in the hospitality industry in the UK.

The individuals or the company they work for would need to have been directly involved providing food, drink and accommodation, e.g chef, hotel workers and bar/pub staff.

Last updated on 29 July 2019

Who is eligible?

Former and current workers in the hospitality industry in the UK. The individuals or the company they work for needs to be directly involved in providing food, drink and accommodation.

Applicants must either be

  • currently working within the UK hospitality industry OR
  • have worked in the UK hospitality industry for at least five years during their lifetime OR
  • be a dependent of an industry employee, if the employee fits the above criteria.

We try to help in as many areas as possible but there are some things we can't give grants for. 

What we can't help with

  • Student fees or general living costs for students
  • Education related costs such as private school fees
  • Most private medical treatments
  • Residential Care fee shortfalls
  • Legal costs (but does help with bankruptcy or DRO applications)
  • We only help with property repairs and medical adaptations to the home if there is a threat to the health and/or safety of the applicant. The applicant must first try to get help from the local authority before contacting Hospitality Action about this.
  • Anyone who has received a grant from Hospitality Action in the past year should check with the Charity direct before re-applying.

How to apply?

You can download an application from Hospitality Action's website

You can also click on the "enquire online" button to find out if you might be eligible.

Please note depending on what you are seeking help with you may need a supporting letter - please see our application guidance notes for more details.

Other information

Hospitality Action also has a free contact scheme for anyone who worked in the hospitality industry for 5 or more years and are now retired and over pension age. Contact Hospitality Action for more information.

Hospitality Action also offers a free 24/7 helpline that can be reached on 0808 802 0282 providing general advice and support including access to basic legal advice and access to short term counselling where appropriate. 

Contact details

Hospitality Action
62 Britton Street
Telephone: 020 3004 5500

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.