Ruth Hayman Trust

Adults who have come to settle in the UK and whose first language is not English. Refugees and asylum seekers are given priority.

Grants are for course, exam, registration, DBS, professional membership fees and book tokens and dictionaries.

Last updated on 16 July 2019

Who is eligible?

You should apply if you:

  • are an adult who has come to settle in the UK
  • live in the UK, either as a citizen of the UK or EU, spouse of a citizen, or an asylum seeker, or refugee.
  • are enrolled on a course (or about to enrol), either to learn English or further your studies, or are enrolled at a state-funded college or university
  • speak English as a second or other language; and can show that you are in financial need

You are not eligible to apply for a Ruth Hayman Trust grant if you:

  • are in the UK as an overseas student
  • are on a Phd course
  • are studying at a private institution, unless the course is only available there are studying on a distance learning course (unless you are completely unable to travel to a place of learning)

How to apply?

Please apply via the website by either applying directly online or downloading an application form:

Deadlines for applications are posted on the trust's website. Applicants must provide a reference from a professional.

Contact details

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.