The Care Workers Charity

The Care Workers Charity accepts applications from individuals who work, or have worked directly within a registered residential care home, home care/domiciliary service or supported living service (as defined by the Care Quality Commission, Care Inspectorate Wales, Care Inspectorate Scotland or RGIA Northern Ireland.

We award small one off grants to care workers who are dealing with a sudden change in their financial circumstances and do not have enough savings to meet short term emergencies.

Please note we are unable to provide assistance with debts.

Last updated on 3 June 2020

Who is eligible?

Current, former and retired care workers who work or have worked within the UK care profession in a registered domiciliary, residential care or supported living service (as defined by CQC, CSSIW, SCRC or RGIA).

How to apply?

You can complete an online application form directly from our website, or you can print off a paper copy and post it to us. Supporting documents must be sent to us as part of your application.

After we have received all of the supporting documents, it takes us between 1-3 weeks to approve the grant. If your need is extremely urgent, please contact us before applying.

Please could you signpost interested applicants to –

Covid-19 Emergency Fund -

Crisis Grants -

Other information

The following supporting documents are needed as part of the application:

  • Proof of your employment history in the care sector – This can be any of the following: a P60 form, a recent payslip, a P45 form, a confirmation letter from your employer
  • Medical confirmation of illness/injury (if applicable)
  • A quote of repair costs or a website link to the essential household items requested (if applicable) – This needs to be from a reputable supplier such as Argos or B&Q
  • A letter of support – This should be a letter supporting your application from someone who is aware of your circumstances and can explain what the grant is paying towards and difference the grant will make. The letter should be signed and on headed paper and could be from, for example, your GP, housing support worker, debt advisor, your manager at work or an agency such as the Citizen’s Advice Bureau

Contact details

The Care Workers Charity
W107 Vox Studios West, 1-45 Durham Street
SE11 5JH

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.