The Darbishire House Trust

Grants are available for female teachers and ex-teachers who are retraining. Applicants must live in Greater Manchester.

Last updated on 16 July 2019

Who is eligible?

Female teachers and ex-teachers who live in Greater Manchester and need financial assistance with retraining.

How to apply?

The Gaddum Centre administers this fund. Individuals should not apply directly. Instead,  all applications must be submitted by a professional person on their behalf such as a Social Worker, Health Visitor, Teacher.

Other information

The Gaddum Centre provides other support, such as:

  • Advocacy support
  • Welfare Benefits and Money Advice, including benefit checks, applying for benefits, challenging benefit decisions, and helping people to manage their debts
  • A befriending service for people aged 60 or over who live in Manchester
  • Bereavement support for children and young people
  • Bereavement support for adults and families who have a child with a life limiting or life threatening illness
  • Support for carers

Visit the website for more information:

Contact details

Gaddum Centre
Gaddum House
6 Great Jackson Street
M15 4AX

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.