The German Society of Benevolence

The German Welfare Council offers one-off grants and convalescent and holiday breaks to German nationals and their descendants who live in Great Britain and need financial assistance.

The German Welfare Council can help with:

  • EU Advice (e.g. moving between Germany and UK)
  • Pension/Compensation Advice
  • Long-term Support
  • Applying for grants for people in financial crisis
  • Life Certificates for German pensions

Visit the German Welfare Council's website for more information.

Last updated on 13 September 2019

Who is eligible?

German nationals and their descendants who live in Great Britain and are in financial need.

How to apply?

The German Welfare Council administers this fund. Download an application form from on German Welfare Council website

Applications have to be made either in person, per letter or by referral of another social agency or charity. It is essential that some sort of evidence of income is provided.

You may receive letters, a telephone call or a home visit as part of our assessment process. Visits will be arranged in advance via telephone. If we are unable to help you with a payment, we will write to tell you this.


Other information

The German Welfare Council also offers EU Advice (e.g. moving between Germany and UK) and advice on pensions and compensation.

Contact details

German Welfare Council
W2 3EL

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.