The Gilchrist Educational Trust

The Trust gives two types of grants:

Study grants

Grants to full-time students at UK universities who prepared to fund a degree or higher education course, but they are facing unexpected financial difficulties. These difficulties might prevent them completing their studies. The Trust usually gives grants to applicants in the last year of their studies.

Our grants are small one-off grants to help in a financial crisis. They are not scholarships designed for a whole year.

Travel grants

Grants to academically outstanding students who need to spend a short time studying in another country as part of their degree. They need financial assistance to cover the costs of studying abroad.

Last updated on 18 June 2019

Who is eligible?

Study grants

Full-time students at a UK University who have prepared to fund their studies, but are facing unexpected financial difficulties. These difficulties may prevent them from completing their course.

Travel grants

Full-time students at a UK university who need to study abroad for a short time as part of their course, for example for a Master's dissertation.

What we can't help with

  • part-time students
  • Foundation degrees
  • people who want to start a course or an internship
  • maintaining child costs or costs of other dependents
  • trips that are not required as part of a course
  • anyone who has already received a grant from The Gilchrist Educational Trust

How to apply?

Study grants

Please email the Grants Officer to ask for an application form. When you email them, you should include some details about yourself:

  • Your full name and title
  • What degree you are studying
  • If you have you fees outstanding, and if so how much?
  • Which university you are registered with
  • When you started the course
  • When you are due to complete the course
  • What the unexpected financial crisis is and how it came about
  • If you have over-run your scholarship, and why
  • How much funding including fees you need to complete the academic year

Travel grants

You should also email the Grants Officer to request an application form, but you will need to provide some other details about the overseas study. Please contact the Grants Officer for more information.

Contact details

4 St Michaels Gate

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.

Chat Now