The Sequal Trust

We provide funding for those in need of specialist communication aids. Technical repairs to the equipment are also covered.

To apply, the individual should be non-verbal, have incoherent speech or severe learning difficulties.

Last updated on 26 July 2019

Who is eligible?

Anybody who as any condition that means they are unable to communicate properly. The condition could be life-long or temporary. 

Some of the conditions we see regularly are autism, cerebral palsy, Rett Syndrome and Dystharia. 

Applicants must have been refused funding by their local authority. They should also be either solely in receipt of benefits or have a low income and, therefore, cannot afford to buy the device themselves.

As part of the application there will need to be an assessment by a healthcare professional, usually a speech and language therapist.


The charity can only help with specialist communication aids.

How to apply?

Individuals can apply directly, or a family member can apply on their behalf. 

Applications are considered all year round. You can make an initial enquiry by:

  • Turn2us online
  • Post
  • Phone
  • Email.

Use the application form on our website or phone our office for more information.

An assessment form has to be completed by a healthcare professional, usually a speech and language therapist, who recommends the particular communication device.

Please note: As we fund raise for each applicant, we are unable to give grants immediately.

Contact details

The Sequal Trust, 3 Ploughmans Corner
Wharf Road
SY12 0EJ

Anything wrong with this page?

What is wrong with this page?

Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you for letting us know.

Chat Now